A number of people have expressed confusion about the way to create fundraising pages and join teams. Since it is important to get this ironed out before our big launch tomorrow, here is a step-by-step guide to take you through the process. If you have any further questions, please let me know in the comment section below or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make a donation without taking the Challenge, just click on the “Donate” button on any page and follow the instructions.
To take the Challenge by yourself or with a team, you must first create a personal fundraising page:
1. Go to the home page at www.adaywithouttouch.org
2. Click on the tiny “+Create fundraising page” link in the upper right corner or scroll down the page and click on the large, red “create a fundraising page” button on the side bar.
3. Follow the directions on the screen.
4. Once your page is finished, you can join an existing team or create your own by clicking on the “Team” link in the left side bar of your fundraising page dashboard. Click on a team to join or click the “create team” button to make your own.
5. After you log out, you can log back in at any time by clicking on the “Manage my page” link in the upper right corner of the home page.
Hope that helps. Feel free to leave comments requesting further clarification below.
Now that the boring stuff is out of the way, hopefully we can have a little fun with the kick-off tomorrow. Be sure to check back in tomorrow to hear my story as it unfolds.